Nurse Manager NM - (Full Time)
- Jan 24, 2024
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Villa Marconi
Do you have a passion for making a difference?
At Villa Marconi, we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
Making every moment matter is about improving all the things that make life enjoyable. Things like making someone feel better, making connections with them or for them with other residents, showing them a new song or even just giving them something to look forward to.
At Villa Marconi, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families' loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values follow a ‘People’ focused philosophy, Participation ~ Excellence ~ Openness ~ Performance ~ Longevity ~ Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
Since Villa Marconi opened, we have offered a community within a community that people were happy to call ‘home’. We pride ourselves in this community connection, our philosophies and the feeling of comfort that can be felt as soon as the door opens.
Responsibilities of the Nurse Manager at Villa Marconi
The Nurse Manager provides leadership to the registered staff and other direct care staff in all aspects of resident care within established legislative standards. The Nurse Manager effectively manages human, material, and fiscal resources. They work closely with the Director of Care and the Quality team develops and implements residents focused programs, policies, and procedures. The Nurse Manager also monitors the quality of care and services delivered to clients through effective quality improvement activities. This position is an evening shift position.
Essential Duties are the technical skills and knowledge that an employee requires in order to perform their role. Below is detailed information on required Essential Duties for your position.
- Provides direction to the nursing team in all aspects of resident care,
- Implements, evaluates and supports new care programs and services based on best practices,
- Interprets LTCHA and Regulation 79/10 legislation to the nursing team and monitors compliance to standards through continuous quality improvement activities,
- Provides leadership and acts as a role model when dealing with the interdisciplinary team, residents and family conflicts,
- Acts as a mentor for Supervisors in the clinical areas, conflict and problem resolutions, communication, personal and professional growth,
- Assists with the development of policies and procedures consistent with resident evidenced-based care practices, CNO, MOHLTC, and other applicable legislation,
- Provides leadership to registered staff in the RAI MDS and Nursing Restorative process and assists with education,
- Adheres to human resources policies when recruiting and hiring new employees,
- Has a good understanding of staffing patterns, and scheduling activities in scheduling software,
- Counsels staff in areas of non-compliance, inappropriate and unprofessional behaviour. Utilizes the progressive disciplinary process when disciplining employees,
- Conducts an in-depth investigation as required,
- In collaboration with the Quality Team, Leadership, and Resident Care Teams develops, tracks, and evaluates quality and risk indicators and is part of the annual QIP development,
- Adheres to Occupational Health and Safety practices,
- Reports to the MOHLTC all critical incidents as stipulated by in the LTCHA and Regulation using the Critical Incident System (CIS) electronic system,
- Other duties as assigned and or indicated in Job Task Inventory.
At Villa Marconi we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family at Villa Marconi are as follows:
- Current RN certificate of competency from the College of Nurses of Ontario,
- Comprehensive Knowledge of evidence based clinical practices,
- Comprehensive Knowledge of long-term care concepts and philosophies,
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills,
- Minimum of one (1) year managerial experience in a long-term care setting an asset,
- Gerontology certificate program or equivalent an asset,
- Knowledge of RAI-MDS – AIS certified, if not must be completed successfully within one (1) year of being hired,
- Policy and program development,
- Basic computer skills.
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, TB test results less than 6 months old, must be able to provide three supervisory references.
- Villa Marconi recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires are fully vaccinated having received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada, 14 days before start date.
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you and Making Every Moment Matter™.
We are committed to inclusion, diversity, and equity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all persons. Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees and candidates with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees and candidates are required to notify their Director/Manager/Supervisor or Hiring Manager if they have any accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.