PSW Full Time and Part Time
- Jan 24, 2024
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Villa Marconi
Are you a Personal Support Worker that has a passion for making a difference?
At Villa Marconi, we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
Making every moment matter is about improving all the things that make life enjoyable. Things like making someone feel better, making connections with them or for them with other residents, showing them a new song or even just giving them something to look forward to.
At Villa Marconi, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families' loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values follow a ‘People’ focused philosophy, Participation ~ Excellence ~ Openness ~ Performance ~ Longevity ~ Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
Since Villa Marconi opened, we have offered a community within a community that people were happy to call ‘home’. We pride ourselves in this community connection, our philosophies and the feeling of comfort that can be felt as soon as the door opens.
Responsibilities of the Personal Support Worker at Villa Marconi
As a Personal Support Worker at Villa Marconi, you will enhance restorative care by promoting independence and activities of daily living. A Personal Support Worker also enhances the therapeutic effects of the bathing process and provides the resident with an environment and bathing options, which meet their needs and add to their quality of life.
Under the direction of the Unit Supervisor, a Personal Support Worker provides personal care, and reports changes in resident status and documents where applicable. A Personal Support Worker reports to the Director of Care and also works closely with the Nursing Restorative Therapist (NRT).
This position is responsible for but not limited to:
- Perform a wide variety of tasks that include providing assistance with personal care and activities of daily living for residents
- Provide direction and guidance to residents in the provision of activities of daily living as per their plan of care, ensuring to maximize their independence and allowing for choice and self-determination of their care.
- Monitor residents’ wellbeing and report changes in their physical, and emotional conditions to registered staff.
- Responsible for accurate documentation on the residents for each shift adhering to relevant policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the home including the Code of Conduct and …
- Maintain effective and professional communication with residents, Families, and fellow coworkers
- Promote the Vision, Mission, and Values as well as Residents Bill of Rights
- Maintain a quality focus in all things
- Ensure the health and safety of residents, families and co-workers
- Other Duties as assigned and or indicated in Job Task Inventory
At Champlain Villa Marconi we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family at Villa Marconi are as follows:
- PSW Certification from a program that is at least six hundred (600) hours in duration counting both class time and practical experience.
- The PSW program must meet the program requirements set by the Ministry of Colleges or Universities for an Ontario postsecondary institution or district school board to issue a personal support worker certificate.
- An RN or RPN who in the opinion of the Director of Nursing has adequate skills and knowledge to perform the duties of a Personal Support Worker.
- A student who is enrolled in an educational program for RN or RPN and who in the opinion of the Director of Nursing has adequate skills and knowledge to perform the duties of a Personal Support Worker.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, TB test results less than 6 months old, must be able to provide three supervisory references.
- Villa Marconi recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires are fully vaccinated having received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada, 14 days before start date.
- Italian speaking an asset
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you and Making Every Moment Matter™.
We are committed to inclusion, diversity, and equity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all persons. Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees and candidates with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees and candidates are required to notify their Director/Manager/Supervisor or Hiring Manager if they have any accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.