Dietary Aide/Porter - Part Time/Casual
- Dec 20, 2023
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- O'Neill Centre
- Food Services
We are looking to add a Part-Time Dietary Aide to our Team at The O’Neill Centre Long Term Care Home.
The O’Neill Centre is located steps away from Christie Subway Station.
We are recruiting for dedicated, hard-working, energetic, and flexible staff that want to make a positive difference in providing care to seniors in their Homes.
A day in the role of a Dietary Aide at the O’Neill Centre:
As a dietary aide at the O’Neill Centre, you will be responsible for the preparation of the meals directed by the cook for individual residents. This is not your typical dietary aide role, because as our dietary aide you would be working toward making a difference with the rest of the organization in each and every resident's life. Other responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Nourishment preparation and delivery to residential areas,
- Delivering food carts and their return to the kitchen,
- Collection, cleaning, and storage of dishes from all areas,
- To set up serveries in residential areas,
- Plating resident meals according to meal service notes,
- Ensuring adequate basic supplies in the servery area,
- Assist PSW’s and monitor the resident intake of foods and fluids at meals, as required,
- Assists in the training and supporting new staff during the orientation period,
- Completion of specific cleaning assignments and collection of garbage,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Portering of resident.
At the O’Neill Centre, we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family at the O’Neill Centre are as follows:
- A positive mindset and share our values,
- Must have demonstrated sound skills and knowledge of providing person-centred care in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures of the MOHLTC and the home,
- Knowledgeable of the Residents’ Bill of Rights and respects and promotes these rights,
- Effective customer service skills and a demonstrated commitment to working with seniors are required,
- Basic computer skills are a must,
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous improvement,
WHY WORK FOR US?
Because we want to "Make Every Moment Matter" to you, our residents, our teams in our Homes and Communities.
We make the difference … pioneering services for individuals in a caring community
Creating communities where people of all ages achieve all they can be
Efficient Use of Resources
We are committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment, in accordance with industry standards and in compliance with legislative requirements, which includes taking steps to prevent/minimize occupational injury and illness.
We are also committed to meeting the accessibility standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, including making accessibility an integral part of recruiting, hiring and supporting employees with disabilities.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual