Chaplain - (Part-time)
- Jan 04, 2024
- Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
- Ina Grafton
Do you have a passion for making a difference?
At Ina Grafton Gage Home, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families' loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home. We are seeking a candidate that shares our mission, vision and values.
MISSION STATEMENT- Everyone we serve will experience life to the fullest with the highest quality of service and compassionate care.
VISION- A premier and innovative home that promotes a high quality person centered environment throughout the continuum of care.
VALUES- Teamwork, Excellence, Compassion, Knowledge
At Ina Grafton Gage Home, we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.”
Reporting to the Spiritual Lead, under the direction of the Programs Manager the Chaplain is responsible for providing a variety of services to ensure the spiritual and religious needs of the Residents are met.
- To ensure pastoral care services are delivered in a manner that is keeping with the resident's needs and expectations
- To monitor, evaluate and continuously improve the quality of pastoral care services provided
- To ensure that services are delivered in a manner that respects choice, consent and customer satisfaction
- To coordinate, select, orient, and evaluate other pastoral service providers for the facility
- To act as a resource for education, counseling, and advocacy to residents, families, and staff
- To question, contribute, and give advice on ethical issues of the home, residents, or staff
- To assess the spiritual and religious needs of each resident which in turn will form the framework for the services offered
- To incorporate the following services for residents:
- Ecumenical church services
- Denominational services by clergy from specific faith
- Non-denominational memorial service for residents, family, staff and volunteers
- Ministerial visiting program
- Prayer group
- Reading or study groups
- Special services for residents with cognitive impairments
- Spiritual counseling
- Off site religious / spiritual outings
- Celebration of festivals and holy days for all faiths represented
- Plan & lead Celebration of Life Services
- Community worship within the facility;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents)
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Mill Creek’s Code of Conduct
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Completion of post secondary education - Post graduate education relevant to spiritual and religious care - Endorsement by the multi-faith Council for Spiritual and Religious Care
- 3 to 5 years experience with seniors
- Trained or experienced in multi-faith programming - Second language consistent with the resident population is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Criminal Background Check (including Vulnerable Sector Screening) or be willing to obtain one.