RPN (Part time- 1 Day Shift and 1 Evening Shift)
- Jan 17, 2024
- Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
- Ina Grafton
Do you have a passion for making a difference?
At Ina Grafton Gage Home, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families' loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home. We are seeking a candidate that shares our mission, vision and values.
MISSION STATEMENT- Everyone we serve will experience life to the fullest with the highest quality of service and compassionate care.
VISION- A premier and innovative home that promotes a high quality person centered environment throughout the continuum of care.
VALUES- Teamwork, Excellence, Compassion, Knowledge
At Ina Grafton Gage Home, we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.”
Responsibilities of a Registered Practical Nurse at Ina Grafton Gage Home
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) reports directly to the Director of Care. He/she shall coordinate and oversee all aspects of resident focused delivery of care. He/she will provide direct supervision, leadership, and education to other members of the health care team. Acts as a resource and advocate for residents, families, and staff. As a RPN it is expected that you promote the values, goals, and philosophy of the Home.
Essential Duties are the technical skills and knowledge that an employee requires in order to perform their role. Below is detailed information on required Essential Duties for your position.
- Development and modification of the care plans in response to residents’ change in status
- Liaises with other health care personnel, agencies and families
- Maintains good relationships with Medical/Support/Home, staff, residents, families and general public
- Supervises all activities on his/her unit, takes charge as required
- Monitors performance and completes performance evaluation for the PSW’s
- Directs, assigns and evaluates the work of the PSW’s
- May be in charge of Home as required. Utilizes leadership skills to identify problems and problem- solving on the unit
- Monitors that care delivered is consistent with the resident Bill of Rights.
- Required to understand the nature and meaning of quality indicators used by the Home and to understand which indicators are publicly reported.
- Required to participate in the improvement of the indicators and achieve satisfactory results.
- Orders and ensures nursing supplies and equipment are properly and efficiently used
- Conducts unit rounds at the beginning and end of shift.
- Administers medications and treatments in compliance with the policies of Pharmacy provider, the Home and the Standard of the College of Nurses. Documents and reports all errors and omissions
- Maintains accurate and complete records of nursing observations and care in compliance with the legislative requirements and the policies of the Home
- Assesses changes in health status and reports changes to Substitute Decision Maker (SDM) and interdisciplinary team
- Completes assessments (RAI-MDS and other assessments) develops and updates plan of care for each resident in collaboration with the resident and/or SDM and the interdisciplinary team.
- Other duties as assigned and or indicated in Job Task Inventory
At Ina Grafton Gage Home we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family at Ina Grafton Gage Home are as follows:
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario as Registered Practical Nurse
- Basic CPR
- Experience in long term care setting an asset
- Ability to work with and relate to interdisciplinary team members
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of RAI-MDS – AIS certified, if not must be completed successfully within one (1) year of being hired.
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, TB test results less than 6 months old, must be able to provide three supervisory references.
- Ina Grafton Gage Home recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires are fully vaccinated having received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada, 14 days before start date.
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you and Making Every Moment Matter™.
We are committed to inclusion, diversity, and equity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all persons. Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees and candidates with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees and candidates are required to notify their Director/Manager/Supervisor or Hiring Manager if they have any accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.