- Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
- Ina Grafton
- Support Staff
Are you an individual that has a passion for making a difference?
At Ina Grafton Gage Home, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families' loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home. We are seeking a candidate that shares our mission, vision and values.
MISSION STATEMENT- Everyone we serve will experience life to the fullest with the highest quality of service and compassionate care.
VISION- A premier and innovative home that promotes a high quality person centered environment throughout the continuum of care.
VALUES- Teamwork, Excellence, Compassion, Knowledge
At Ina Grafton Gage Home, we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.”
A day in the role of a Hairdresser/ Barber at Ina Grafton Gage Home.
As a Hairdresser/Barber at Ina Grafton Gage Home, you will be given high expectations, as well as an expectation to continue personal growth and professional growth. In this position, you will be gifted with a rewarding experience every day in the form of being able to see the exact impact you place on our residents.
The services to be provided by the hairdresser/barber, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, will include the following:
- Responsible for providing high quality of haircare services to both male and female residents.
- Responsible for coordinating residents hairdressing/barber appointments in conjunction with nursing staff.
- Responsible for portering the residents to and from the hairdressing room.
- Responsible for cleaning and disinfecting the salon and following current COVID-19 infection control measures.
- Responsible for purchasing required hairdressing/barber supplies and other materials as may be necessary.
- Responsible for preparing and handling financial matters with the Business Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining and keeping in good standing licenses required to be maintained by hairdresser/barber by any regulatory authorities.
- Responsible for carrying adequate and appropriate liability insurance consistent with the Centre’s requests.
- Responsible for providing WSIB Clearance Certificate to show valid WSIB coverage.
- Responsible for record keeping of all applicable haircare charges invoiced to the respective residents.
- Responsible for being present at the facility an adequate number of hours per week to service the residents’ needs.
At Ina Grafton Gage Home we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family at Ina Grafton Gage Home are as follows:
- Must hold a Certificate of Qualification (licensed) by the Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities
- Must be willing to get swabbed for COVID-19 twice monthly
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, TB test results less than 6 months old, must be able to provide three supervisory references.
- Ina Grafton Gage Home recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires are fully vaccinated having received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada, 14 days before start date.
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you and Making Every Moment Matter™.
We are committed to inclusion, diversity, and equity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all persons. Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees and candidates with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees and candidates are required to notify their Director/Manager/Supervisor or Hiring Manager if they have any accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.