Calling all Frontline Heroes who are ready to make a difference.
We are painfully aware of the impact that COVID-19 has had on our society. Unfortunately,
long-term care and retirement communities have felt this impact even more so, given we take care of the most vulnerable population.
We are looking for that special someone who is ready to join our team and help save the lives of our senior population. If you are passionate about making a difference, have a strong moral compass, and are committed to teamwork, this is the right opportunity for you!
At our home, we are passionate about providing the utmost care for our residents – their
well-being is our highest priority. We pride ourselves in offering a community within a community that people are happy to call ‘home’.
A day in the role of the Director Of Care
We believe in continuous learning, and therefore you will be placed under high expectations to continue to grow personally and professionally in your role. The Director Of Care is responsible for providing care to our residents directly and indirectly through our nursing team.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides a cheerful and energetic environment for the nursing team that supports growth and development,
- Directs the implementation and review of relevant company policies, procedures, and processes required to meet government legislation and industry standards,
- Ensures all residents receive care and services according to their needs,
- Monitors the quality of nursing services and administers long term strategic plans for nursing,
- Implements goals and objectives to achieve the corporate vision for resident care,
- Ensures risk management process is adhered to by reviewing staff and resident incident reports, monthly indicators, Public Health Inspections, Ministry of Labour inspections, Accreditation reports, etc.,
- Ensures nursing team works in a safe workplace environment through the implementation of safe work practices and service guidelines,
- Recommends and participates in the termination of nursing staff according to facility policies, procedures, and collective agreements,
- Ensures appropriate documentation and maintenance of records including resident health records, personnel records, etc,
- Delegates clinical and managerial responsibilities as well as provide direction and leadership,
- Assists with the development of succession plans and identify employees with growth potential for development.
We take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family are as follows:
- A positive mindset, as well as a connection with our values,
- Ability to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices as they relate to long-term care legislation,
- Must have demonstrated sound skills and knowledge of providing person-centered care in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures of the MOHLTC and the home,
- Knowledgeable of the Residents’ Bill of Rights and respects and promotes these rights,
- Effective communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively is essential,
- Effective customer service skills and a demonstrated commitment to working with seniors are required,
- Registered Nurse with a current Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing,
- Demonstrated ability to meet professional clinical infection protocols,
- Ability to deal with responsive behavior,
- Basic computer skills are a must,
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous improvement,
- Has at least one year of experience working as a registered nurse in the long-term care sector;
- Has at least three years of experience working as a registered nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting
- has demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months TB results in less than 6 months, evidence of flu shot, must be able to provide three work references.
Why work with us?
Working with us provides a way to make a difference in someone’s life every single day, and an opportunity to make every moment matter. We as an organization are committed to providing our employees with everything they need to be successful, such as support that allows our employees to grow and prosper.
As a Director Of Care at our home, it is easy to see how you or other employees affect our resident’s daily life. This also allows you to make personal long-lasting connections with our residents and make relationships with patients as well.
We also provide competitive salaries and benefits package.
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment count!
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.