Associate Nurse Manager - Part Time
- 22 Oct 2021
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Ina Grafton
Are you an individual that has a passion for making a difference?
At Ina Grafton Gage Home we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
At Ina Grafton Gage Home, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families’ loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values follow a ‘People’ focused philosophy, Participation ~ Excellence ~ Openness ~ Performance ~ Longevity ~ Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
Please note this is a Part Time position.(1 Weekend/Day)
- Provides direction to the nursing team in all aspects of resident care, and takes on the role of “In Charge” in the absence of DON, Executive Director, and/or Nurse Manager.
- Complete documentation and accurate records as required.
- Models, listens, and assists with conflict and problem resolution
- Assists with orientation of new employees and agency staff to PCC
- Monitors and evaluates documentation of registered staff
- Supervises and monitors Personal Support Workers’ performance and resident routines and activities.
- Addresses resident/family concerns and follow up necessary to resolve issue(s)
- Provides leadership and support to staff in the RAI-MDS implementation and completion thereafter.
- Promotes a safe working environment
- Monitors resident safety and ensures that residents that are potential elopers, wear security bands
- Reports to the MOHLTC all critical incidents as stipulated in the LTCHA and Regulation 79/10
- Investigates and reports employee work-related accidents to the OH&S committee
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario, and in good standing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques including courses or experience in long-term care.
- Knowledge of LTHCA and Occupational Health and Safety practices, principles and legislation.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in long term care.
- Current vulnerable sector screening; valid within 6 months
- TB screening; within 6 months is also required