- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Ina Grafton
- Food Services
Are you a Dietary Aide who has a passion for making a difference? Calling all Frontline Heroes who are ready to make a difference.
At Ina Grafton Gage Home we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
At Ina Grafton Gage Home, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values follow a ‘People’ focused Philosophy, Participation Excellence Openness Performance Longevity Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
- Minimum Grade 12 education and/or equivalent food services or background in hospitality, preferably with health care
- MUST have up to date Food Handlers certificate
- Must have Food Service Workers certificate or currently enrolled in program
- Willing to provide current Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets and special dietetic products
- Ability to read and write English, follow instructions, recipes and use basic math skills
- Ability to work with others and unsupervised
- A positive work and attendance record is essential
- Effectively communicates with customers, residents, co-workers, and management
- Self motivated, good health and neat appearance
- Quick learner in a fast paced environment
- Well organized and pays attention to detail
- Cooking experience is an asset and should have had recent covid negative results
- Perform defined work routines in the main kitchen and all serveries, deliver food supplies and use of various kitchen equipment. Wash and store dishes etc.
- Provide assistance to cooks in the preparation as necessary.
- Meet scheduled meal service and snack times.
- Follow IGGH and Ministry long term care regulations policies and procedures.
- Perform cleaning duties as scheduled.
- Follow established reporting procedures for the following:
- Any damaged or loose fixtures, flooring, or tiling requiring replacement or repair.
- Any unsafe or malfunctioning equipment.
- Any conditions conducive to breeding insects, rodents or other vermin.
- Assist in receiving and storing food and supplies.
- Attend in-service educational programs.
- Follow defined safety codes while performing all duties and defined Infection Control policies & procedures
- Understand facility’s fire and disaster plans; follow established procedures during drills and actual emergencies.
- Maintain serveries and dining rooms nice and tidy, including equipment, furniture, floors, walls etc.
- Perform other department duties or special assignments as directed by the Dietary Manager
- Physical Demands: Must have the physical strength to meet the requirements for this job.