Registered Practical Nurse - Full-Time - Permanent
- Dec 20, 2023
- Hawkesbury, Ontario, Canada
Position Title: Registered Practical Nurse
Reporting to: Director of Care
Hours: Full Time
Location: Champlain Long Term Care Residence
Do you have a passion for making a difference?
At Champlain Long Term Care Residence, we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
Making every moment matter is about improving all the things that make life enjoyable. Things like making someone feel better, making connections with them or for them with other residents, showing them a new song or even just giving them something to look forward to.
At Champlain Long Term Care Residence, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values at Champlain Long Term Care Residence follow a ‘People’ focused Philosophy, Participation Excellence Openness Performance Longevity Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
Since Champlain Long Term Care Residence opened, we have offered a community within a community that people were happy to call ‘home’. We pride ourselves in this community connection, our philosophies and the feeling of comfort that can be felt as soon as the door opens.
Responsibilities of a Registered Practical Nurse at Champlain Long Term Care Residence
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) reports directly to the Director of Wellness. He/she shall provide professional nursing care to all Residents and supervise the care given. He/she is required to assess all Resident needs and planning, implementing and evaluating the care program.Essential Duties are the technical skills and knowledge that an employee requires in order to perform their role. Below is detailed information on required Essential Duties for your position.
- Provides direction and supervision to all PSW's/Care Attendants,
- Assesses Residents on move-in and every six months thereafter unless there has been a change in the condition of the Resident,
- Creates the care plan for each resident,
- Responsible for orientation of new Associates,
- Accountable for the medication delivery system for the Residents,
- Monitors Associate's performance and completes performance appraisals,
- Liaison with Residents, families and outside agencies as required Respects the Residents' Bill of Rights,
- Liaison with the Resident's physician as necessary,
- Promotes a safe, healthy workplace,
- Completes weights and blood pressure checks as required,
- Provides ongoing education to Associates to meet legislative requirements and learning needs of Associates,
- Completes nursing documentation,
- Aware of role and responsibilities under the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
At Champlain Long Term Care Residence we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family at Champlain Long Term Care Residence are as follows:
- Registered Practical Nurse with a current certificate of competence and a member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario,
- Medication Certificate required,
- Experience with the care of the elderly,
- Empathy for and understanding of the elderly,
- A high degree of tolerance and patience,
- Good communication skills, both oral and written,
- Supervisory capability and experience,
- Ability to walk, stand, carry equipment and ability to lift and transfer Residents,
- Candidates that have the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written in French & English will be given preference if the qualifications are equal,
- Must provide a medical certificate from a physician prior to the completion of probationary period.
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment matter!Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.