Nurse Practitioner (Full Time)
- Jan 10, 2024
- Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
- Bon Air
Do you have a passion for making a difference?
At Bon Air Long Term Care Residence, we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
Making every moment matter is about improving all the things that make life enjoyable. Things like making someone feel better, making connections with them or for them with other residents, showing them a new song or even just giving them something to look forward to.
At Bon Air Long Term Care Residence, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families' loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values follow a ‘People’ focused philosophy, Participation ~ Excellence ~ Openness ~ Performance ~ Longevity ~ Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
Since Bon Air Long Term Care Residence opened, we have offered a community within a community that people were happy to call ‘home’. We pride ourselves in this community connection, our philosophies and the feeling of comfort that can be felt as soon as the door opens.
Responsibilities of the Nurse Practitioner at Bon Air Long Term Care Residence
In this role as a Nurse Practitioner, you will work collaboratively with the team including physicians, RN's, RPN’s, PSW’s, and other direct care staff to provide care for residents.
Essential Duties are the technical skills and knowledge that an employee requires in order to perform their role. Below is detailed information on required Essential Duties for your position.
- Diagnose residents, order and interpret diagnostic tests, and prescribe medication and other treatment,
- Provide direction and leadership to RN's, RPN’s, PSW’s, and other direct care staff in all aspects of resident care, within established legislative standards,
- Create care plans for residents, complete nursing documentation, and assist residents with move-in,
- Work collaboratively with attending physicians,
- Ensure medication reconciliation occurs as needed,
- Oversee the use of resources (people, supplies, and fiscal),
- Implement resident-focused programs, policies, and procedures with the Director of Nursing and the Quality Team,
- Liaise with Residents, families and outside agencies as required Respects the Residents' Bill of Rights,
- Other duties as assigned.
At Bon Air Long Term Care Residence we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family at Bon Air Long Term Care Residence are as follows:
- Registered Nurse Practitioner in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario,
- Experience working as a Nurse Practitioner,
- Experience in long-term care, with providing empathetic care for the elderly,
- Experience providing leadership and supervision in any healthcare environment.
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, TB test results less than 6 months old, must be able to provide three supervisory references.
- Bon Air Long Term Care Residence recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada, 14 days before start date and in accordance with our policy.
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment matter!
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees and candidates with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees and candidates are required to notify their Director/Manager/Supervisor or Hiring Manager if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.