Cook - Part Time - Long-Term Care
- Dec 13, 2023
- Cannington, Ontario, Canada
- Bon Air
- Food Services
Are you an individual that has a passion for making a difference?
At Bon Air Long Term Care Residence we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
At the Bon Air Long Term Care Residence, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values follow a ‘People’ focused philosophy, Participation ~ Excellence ~ Openness ~ Performance ~ Longevity ~ Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
A day in the role of a Cook at Bon Air Long Term Care Residence.
As a Cook at Bon Air Long Term Care Residence, you will be given high expectations, as well as an expectation to continue personal growth and professional growth. In this position, you will be gifted with a rewarding experience every day in the form of being able to see the exact impact you place on our residents.
Under the direction of the Food Service Manager/Food Service Supervisor you will provide meals that will nourish residents using standardized recipes and HACCP procedure. Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Completes all assigned training required as per the LTCHA and Regulation 79/10.
- Recognizes multicultural diversity, protects and supports the Residents’ right to their beliefs and values
- Conducts his/herself in a professional manner.
- Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to the philosophy, objectives, and policies of the Home
- Is aware of employee’s responsibilities under the Health and Safety Legislation and Internal Policies and Procedures and follows all Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, co-workers and residents
- Other duties as assigned and or indicated in Job Task Inventory.
At the Bon Air Long Term Care Residence, we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family at Bon Air Long Term Care Residence are as follows:
- Must have a Chef Training Certification/Diploma from established Colleges or equivalent
- Or must have held a cooks position at a different LTC home without meeting the updated qualifications set out in the Regulation, on the condition that the person has had (3) years full-time experience in the position during the (5) years immediately before being hired at the different LTC home or the equivalent part-time experience in the position during the (7) years immediately before being hired at the different LTCH home.
- Food Handlers Certification provided by the Public Health or certified agencies
- Good communication skills and be able to multitask
- Must understand proper preparation technique and know how to use commercial kitchen equipment.
- Skilled cooking work experience involving the preparation of a variety of complex foods
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, TB test results less than 6 months old, must be able to provide three supervisory references.
- Bon Air Long Term Care Residence recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires are fully vaccinated having received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada, 14 days before start date
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you and Making Every Moment Matter™.
We are committed to inclusion, diversity, and equity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all persons. Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees and candidates with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees and candidates are required to notify their Director/Manager/Supervisor or Hiring Manager if they have any accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.